Monday, June 18, 2007

Goodbye Gecko



Everyone knows that when you get married you consolidate and make sacrifices. It simply must be done in order to start your new life as husband and wife. I have not had a problem with this…until now.

I have been able to whittle down my closet (Yes Drew, I gave clothes away – 5 bags in fact), share my financial statements, put my pretty, pretty Anthropologie bedding in the guest room, and even watch the History Channel for 5 minute periods of time.

But now, something is happening that I am having a very hard time with…I have to say goodbye to the Gecko. SNIFF. I have been a faithful Geico customer for many years and have grown rather attached to the crazy Geico Gecko. I think he is hands down the best insurance mascot in the business. But now the time has come to say goodbye. I will, as Drew pointed out, still be able to see him on the TV and that will have to do.

Top 5 things I will miss about the Gecko:
5. His nutty accent
4. His cute face
3. His zany stories
2. His logical explanation of savings
1. His nutty accent

Goodbye Gecko! I will miss you!

Bye Bye Bye!
Maggie

4 comments:

Michelle said...

FYI friend for your Mr. Rain on Your Blogging Parade this makes Post #3!!! And I too love Geico... and found out when I signed up it stands for Gov't Employee Insurance Co... so I got an extra discount! Many may know that but I had no idea!

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

You are too cute~ My 3 year old likes to catch Geckos if you really want one! I will be thinking of you the next time he does.
This made me think of you too-
I LOVE YOU SKY RANCH!
Blessings,
Lori

anita from kansas said...

OH NO!!!! I had not heard. I also weep. Maybe they can resurrect the Taco Bell lil' guy...on second thought, nay!!

Amanda said...

Maglet,
I hear you have big blogworthy news! Do tell!
Love ya,
Mand